Monday, June 13, 2011

Wilton's Fondant Class



I started taking the fondant/gumpaste Wilton class. This week, we made fondant bows for the tops of our cakes, and started to make flowers (which will continue in next week's class). So far, it's been quite fun. And now, I know how to really make the fondant* bows, because the one time I tried to make them before, it was quite a disaster. (It was a 50/50 gumpaste/fondant mix, not just straight up fondant)

Ironically, I watched my boss make a gumpaste bow the next day at work, but I also wasn't paying very close attention because I was also detailing a '72 Chevelle cake. ;)

Definitely liking this class better than the "beginner" course, although I'm sure I could learn all this stuff at work, too. I just wish someone could teach me how to make pregnant lady cake toppers who don't look, well, fat. I'll sign up for that class in a heartbeat. (Unless it's in Vancouver.)

(PS, I've started my list of cake contests here. Please comment/email/facebook/twitter me if you have anything to add!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment