Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Deconstructed blueberry pie cupcakes and recipe link

These are Deconstructed Blueberry Pie Cupcakes by blogger The Purple Spoon via Flickr. From the post, where there are more photos, instructions and the recipe!



If you’ve followed my last few cupcake posts you may have noticed that I’ve been tweaking my vanilla cupcake recipe each time. I’ve been slowly trying to create a slightly more moist vanilla cupcake without losing the texture and flavor of the originals that I love. I think this may be the one! This version has almond flavoring but that can be swapped out for vanilla bean paste for other recipes. The whipped cream cheese frosting is heavenly, its lighter than a traditional cream cheese icing but still has the flavor and holds up surprisingly well to piping-more so than the traditional. The blueberry pie filling is a delicious blend of tangy and sweet and spicy and pairs beautifully with the creamy frosting and almond flavor from the cupcakes.





Deconstructed Blueberry Pie Cupcakes with Moist Vanilla Almond Cupcakes with whipped cream cheese frosting and a tangy blueberry topping

No comments:

Post a Comment